Wednesday 25 April 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation





I've had this foundation for a while now, I was spured on to buy it after trying a sample of it I had it a magazine. I loved the name of it, jeez after nights my skin constantly needs a wake up.

According to Rimmel, the foundation will give you a "100% pore-less and  flawless complexion"
 - it'll have to work pretty hard to achieve that with me! They also say that a peptide formulation helps increase your skin’s elasticity and a vitamin moisturising complex leaves you looking healthy and fresh. They also claim that it will eliminate visible signs of tiredness so skin looks rejuvenated and minimises signs of premature ageing. Some pretty sweeping claims there!

I think this foundation comes in five different shades, (that's all I've seen anyway). I bought shade 200, soft beige. The packaging is good, it comes in a glass bottle with an orange lid (my fave colour at the moment!) and is convex shaped so its really nice to hold. Rimmel is embossed down the sound of the bottle and it comes with a pump to get it out.







I found the colour a perfect a match for my skin once I'd buffed it in a bit, and the application was really easy.




It went on really smoothly and felt light on my skin - I needed a few layers to get the coverage I like but it didn't feel cakey or make me look like I'd applied it with a trowel!

It has a satin finish, and I think that's how it makes your skin look more awake. I didn't find it gave a 100% flawless finish but then again I expect a lot from foundation. It did however make me look more awake but I like said that could be due to the satin finish.




Rimmel claim the foundation can last up to 10 hours, I found it lasted about 6 hours on my before I noticed it going patchy. I guess thats quite good really, other foundations don't last 10 minutes on my skin! All in all this foundation is good. I wouldn't use it on bad skin days or days when I'm going to out for hours but as a popping to the shops foundation it's perfect.

How have you found this foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment