Wednesday 2 May 2012

Vaseline Coca Butter Oil Gel

As you all probably know by now, I'm a little obssessed with moisturising, body, face, hands, you name it! To make this chore a bit more a fun I always buy new products to try out. I'm so easily pleased! One of the products I'd tried out recently is Vaseline Coca Butter Oil Gel. I love coca moisturisers so I thought I was on to a winner. I always think oils are going to more moisturising, (I think it's as they'd applied to damp skin), but I also find them tres messy. As this is a gel oil it sounds like your getting the best of both worlds!






So, the oil contains Brazilian nut oil, which is great at boosting the skins natural barrier and Almond oil, which is a known anti-oxdiant. I don't know how you feel but anything which seems like it's going to rid my skin of environmental stressors sounds fab to me! I'm not a hippy by any means but I do hate the thought of pollution contaminating my skin!

I used this product after showering on damp skin. It felt lovely to apply and as its a gel I found a little bit went a long way. The smell was of Coca but it wasn't too overpowering. I personally love the smell of coca but I know some people find it sickly sweet. BUT as moisturiser I found it rubbish!! I used it for about 3 weeks and my skin has never felt so dry. On my calves my skin looked all scaly, I've never had that before, and my skin went flaky on my hips. It was awful! Needless to say I stopped using it and have been layering the mosituriser on ever since. Vaseline Coca Butter Gel Oil, you're staying where you belong....on the shelf!


No comments:

Post a Comment